Ok Ok, I’ll do the Wikimeme – but who’s going to be first to enter the Blair Pool?
- 1957 – Israel withdraws its troops from the Sinai Peninsula
- 1984 – Twelve-month-long strike in British coal industry begins
- 1987 – The British ferry M/S Herald of Free Enterprise capsizes in about 90 seconds after leaving the harbour of Zeebrugge, Belgium en route to Dover, England across the English Channel, killing 193
- 1934 – John Noakes, British television presenter
- 1946 – David Gilmour, British musician (Pink Floyd)
- 2005 – Tommy Vance, British radio disc jockey (b. 1943)
Now, about my challenge…